Discover a Whole Lot of Library
SGPL is so much more than books and buildings. So get to know us even better with a tour. Library tours are free, available for any group or organization, and right for everyone, of any age. Find out what goes on behind the scenes. Where do the books go once you put them in the bookdrop? Do you have a question you've been dying to ask about the Tech Bowl or our Summer Reading Club?
From public workstations and to expert knowledge, amazing programs and epic special events, our staff are sources of something incredible for everyone.
You can book a library tour using the form below or contact us at 780-962-4423 for further information. We suggest booking your tour at least two weeks in advance.
- Please submit your tour request at least 2 weeks in advance to allow for scheduling (and you can always call us and we’ll do our best to accommodate your schedule).
- Tours are based on staff availability and can only be booked during library open hours.
- Tours are approximately 15-20 minutes in duration. You are welcome to follow this with free time to explore the library space with your group.
- The maximum group size is 20 people; Groups larger than 20 will need to be split*.
- Group supervisors/teachers/caregivers must be present during the tour.
- Submission of your form is not confirmation that your tour will take place on your preferred date and time.
*There may be some flexibility with group size/time availability for school visits during May/June.
To book your library visit:
A) Submit the Library Tour Request Form (note: this is for an in-person tour of our facility)
B) Once your form has been received, our Team will check availability and will contact you to confirm and provide further details on your upcoming tour.
C) We look forward to your special visit!