The next Book Sale will be taking place at the library May 12-14, 2023. As always, take what you want, give what you can!
Who are the Friends of the Library?
The Friends of the Spruce Grove Public Library Society is a non-profit organization that encourages public use and enjoyment of library services and facilities. Friends are community members who believe that a good library is a vital part of our community. The members of Friends focus public attention on library needs and support the programs and services of the Spruce Grove Public Library, through fundraising, promotion and volunteering of personal and professional services. Email us for more information about the Friends.
What do Friends of the Library do?
- Friends promote, enhance and expand public awareness of the Spruce Grove Public Library through grassroots fundraising, special events and sponsorship campaigns.
- Communicate with the media via news releases, and articles, as well as invitations to the community at large, regarding special events.
- Meet and advocate, on behalf of the Library, with community leaders and the public.
- Friends may volunteer as much time as they are willing to, and choose from various activities, in order to support the Library.
- Plan and organize special events which contribute to the cultural life of the community including...
When you become a Friend of the Spruce Grove Public Library, you will….
- Enjoy meeting new people and become involved in the Community
- Practice or learn skills, and gain experience that can be added to your resumé
- Attend special events and functions for members
- Enjoy voting privileges at the Friends’ Annual General Meeting
- Feel great about promoting and contributing to community initiatives and library programs
- Enhance your community by sharing your talents, energy and knowledge