Concerns & Complaints
Reporting a Concern or Complaint
SGPL receives and responds to governance and operational concerns and conflicts in a transparent, timely, and constructive manner to provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where everyone feels valued.
Concerns and complaints flagged for verbal abuse, harassment, discrimination, and/or threats are subject to review and consultation with the RCMP which results in unavoidable disruptions to the response process.
SGPL trustees, staff, and volunteers perform their roles and responsibilities with high standards of professional and personal ethics and must comply with all applicable library legislation, policy, protocols, and procedures while resolving concerns and complaints as they arise.
- All public concerns and/or complaints can be communicated informally by phone (780-962-4423, ext. 301) or in-person (35 Fifth Avenue, Spruce Grove); and/or formally by submitting this form. Please note that all submissions will be kept confidential in compliance with FOIP legislation; if necessary to complete the investigation, a person information release may be required,
- All concerns and/or complaints will be forwarded to the Community Complaints Officer who will deliver the message to the Director of Library Services.
- If the Director is the subject of concern or complaint, the information is delivered to the Board Chair;
- If the Board Chair is subject of the Concern or Complaint, the information is delivered through the Director to the Board Vice-Chair or Committee Chair.
- Each complaint must demonstrate they have made a report in good faith.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the response, they can elevate and present their concern or complaint at a Board meeting in a timely manner.
- A detailed complaints/concerns report is annually presented to the Board by the Director.